How to Change the Vibe of Your Kitchen by Installing New Countertops
The simple act of installing new countertops in your kitchen could really transform the entire vibe of the room. In fact, you might be surprised by how this single upgrade can take your old looking kitchen and turn it into one that is modern, inviting, and truly beautiful. But if you have never gone through the act of changing your countertops in your kitchen, you might be intimidated by the process, as well as the budget. Well, rest assured that you can calculate your countertops budget to find out more about granite top installation and still get exactly what you are looking for in your new interior design scheme. Check out the tips below to get started.
Opt for Granite
One of the most popular options in the world of kitchen design is granite countertops. These never seem to go out of style simply because they are beautiful, durable, and functional. You can easily find the perfect granite countertops, as well as the right granite countertop installation pros, to fit your budget, but you should know that these countertops could be on the more expensive end of the spectrum. So if you want to save a bit of money, you could even take a DIY approach and install your granite countertops yourself if you are handy enough, as well as confident enough, to get the job done. Just keep in mind that you will be responsible for purchasing all of your own installation materials, and you might need to have a buddy or two help you with lifting the heavy granite and putting it into its proper place so that the job looks like it was done by a professional.
But why are granite countertops so popular in the first place? Well, here are a few reasons why granite has not yet gone out of style in the kitchen:
- Granite is a non-porous surface, making it sanitary (perfect for preparing food!)
- The lovely color of your granite countertops will not fade over time, thereby retaining its value
- Granite is hugely popular amongst homebuyers, so adding granite countertops to your kitchen will add value to your home and make it more attractive to buyers when you are ready to sell
- You could easily put hot items on the granite and they won’t damage it
- You could even cut on the granite countertops without damaging them (you will dull your knife, though)
- The minerals that are found in granite serve to add attractive character, depth, and color to your countertops, making them unique
- Granite becomes resistant to stains when properly sealed and maintained
Or Try Other Options
If you find that granite countertops are really out of your budget for your kitchen renovation, you do have a variety of other options that are just as durable, valuable, functional, and beautiful.
Below are a few examples of the materials that kitchen designers are turning to today whenever they want to revamp and modernize any kitchen of any size:
- Glass: Stunning glass countertops are super chic and modern, and they are able to add a feeling lightness to your kitchen’s overall vibe. You could install gleaming countertops by going with tempered, glazed glass options that come in a wide range of prices.
- Wood: That’s right, wood countertops, also referred to as butcher block countertops, have become increasingly popular in recent years. Reclaimed wood is also a good option for those who want to take an eco-friendly approach to their kitchen design scheme.
- Soapstone: Another really popular and modern option for your kitchen cabinets is soapstone. Those who have soapstone countertops in their kitchen very rarely want to go back to anything else, as this material is really durable and long-lasting. If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking up meals from scratch, soapstone could give you the functionality and the aesthetic appeal that you are after.
- Laminate: If you thought that laminate kitchen countertops were out of style, think again. There are a variety of finishes and patterns to choose from in the world of laminates, and this an affordable option if you are redoing your countertops on a budget. You could even find designs that mimic the look of quartz or granite.
Go with Your Favorite
No matter what countertop design is your favorite, whether it is granite or marble, wood or stone, or anything in between, the key is to find the option that will fit in perfectly with the rest of your design scheme. Doing so will elevate your kitchen’s vibe.
So there you have it: changing the vibe of your kitchen is definitely possible and easy to do when you just take the time to install brand new countertops. Regardless of what choice of material you go with, your kitchen will look clean and modern, and you will absolutely love spending time in there.