Flooring Ideas & Design
House Tips 101: Easy Floor Repair Guide
Nothing gives your house a fascinating look like a well-finished floor. In fact, a good floor is an absolute showpiece of the whole household and it compliments other features such as walls and ceilings.
Floors come in different designs to suit your taste. Some of the common types of floors are concrete, wooden, cork, laminate, linoleum and many more. However, materials, color, and styles of flooring determine the entire cost and even maintenance. Each type of floor has its own way and cost of repairing. As such parquet flooring repair Singapore provides with the solution to different repair options and the cost.
Therefore, we shall provide you with a comprehensive guide on how you can repair different kinds of floors.
Replacing Tiles on Your Floor
The task of replacing tiles is not a walk in the park. The good news is that repairing tiles on your floor can be a cost-effective and quick task. This is so true because tiles are laid side by side in the desired pattern. Have a look 10 pictures of stylish pattern tiles for home flooring design. As a matter of fact, you need to keep the sequence of tiles on the floor to maintain the pattern.
For a good repair, all the tiles should fit well and have a uniform level for aesthetic value and your safety. Above all, you need to get a good job done for your money.
Repairing a Hardwood Floor
Unlike repairing the tiled floor, wooden floor involves total refinishing. To achieve your objective, you must ensure that the whole floor looks even so that the new portion blends well with the old one.
Apart from hardwood floors, other types of wooden floors require a different method of repairing.
Here is how to go about:
- Identify the damage: You are required to assess the magnitude of the damage on the floor prior to making repairs.This will help you to know the kind of repair needed and the cost.
- Remove damaged parts: Using the right tools, you can remove damaged portion while taking great care not to extend the damage to other areas.
- Cut the planks: This is done to make sure that you have the right number of planks needed to patch up the damaged portion.
- Installation of new planks: This is a simple step that requires you to tap and slide new pieces of wood into the openings created at the damaged part.
Finally, you can finish by sanding and applying varnish to make it durable and appealing.
Maintenance of a linoleum/Vinyl floor
This is the easiest and cheapest type of floor repair that you can possibly carry out.
In fact, the floor is inexpensive and at the time when repair is needed, it is also the time for doing the replacement for the entire floor. The repair may involve fixing small tears and gouges.
With the right tools, here are the steps to floor in order to accomplish the task:
- Cut away loose linoleum/vinyl with a utility knife to get rid of fragments.
- Reach out for the matching paint with the linoleum/vinyl color to paint the inside surfaces as well as damaged sections.
- Add filler powder into the damaged area and level it before adding the floor bond
- After the filler materials have dried up, you can smoothen by sanding to have a good finish.
With a few examples given above, you have an idea of how to go about repairing floors.
As said, each floor has its own method of repairing and you need to contact a professional to guide you on how to carry out repairs depending on your flooring type.